Yahoo is shutting down on November 17th. They want to get rid of free messenger. If you delete this and don’t pass it on, your name will be deleted. A lot of people have already been deleted. Right click on the group name of your buddylist and click, Send Instant Message to All in Group.. This is Yahoo President Anna Rubenecia, I am sorry to announce that Yahoo has reached its maximum number of accounts two million. If you would like to keep your account for free send this to everyone on your list. This way we can know which accounts are being used and which accounts we can delete. Send this within 8 days and your account will remain free. On
I considered above message which have sent to me via Yahoo Messenger, it’s a TOTALLY HOAX. The reasons are:
- The message did not mention the exactly date. It could be 2008 or 1998, isn’t it?
- No issue about Yahoo shutdown which have released by any credible source such as mainstream news or trusted bloggers. Yahoo is a big company, i’m sure there will be a rumour first before it happened.
- Yahoo President is Susan Decker with Jerry Yang, the founder, as CEO as per Yahoo! Inc. Management Team until 29 Oct 2008. Not Anna Rubenecia.
- As per http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm, Internet users in the world is 1.4 Billion (30 June 2008) compared with 2 Million users that be claimed above. If 20% of them are Yahoo user (which I think too small), then we get over 2.8 Million user). From Wiki, I found that on October 13, 2005, Yahoo! and Microsoft announced plans to introduce interoperability between their two messengers, creating the second largest real time communications service userbase worldwide: 40 percent of all users. See what I mean? The number is totally UNACCEPTABLE from statistic point of view.
- The message itself is not complete.
- Same topics have been raised several times in past. Check this and this in Snopes.com. It will give you clear understanding about useless and fraudulent internet petition.
I know some of you just copy and paste to message window and send it to your friends. You’re hoping that you do a good job by saving other lives. But, instead of that, why don’t you copy and paste to google search bar and see what you get. As far as I know, Hoax just re-circulated from the original form. Just change the date or name or add some ‘trusted’ statement, it will become a new fresh-look of hoax. By searching thru google + logic thinking, you can judge by yourself, is it a HOAX or NOT?